As part of the planning process there is often a requirement for ecological surveys to be carried out as part of the submission of the Planning Application. Halletec offer a full range of ecological services:
- Phase I Habitat Surveys – The habitat is assessed for the potential of protected species. The optimum time for these surveys are May to September.
- Phase II Habitat Survey – This is a more detailed survey if phase I highlighted the possibility of the existence of protected species.
- Protected Species Surveys – Depending on the type of protected species it is only possible to carry out these surveys at particular times of the year. Review our Ecology Survey Calendar for more details.
- Habitat Suitability Index (HSI) Surveys.
- Protected Species Translocation Surveys.
- Environmental Management Plan (EMP).
Our ecology work is carried out by qualified Natural England licensed ecologists who are trained to carry out all aspects of ecological surveying and environmental management and our in-depth understanding of the UK planning system means we deliver practical ecological solutions for development.